New DC Media Start-up
400 North Capitol Street NW STE 890 Washington DC 20001
Washington, DC (United States)
Newsletter Producer (Growth)
Online | New Media
Confidential is a well-funded digital news startup preparing to launch in Washington, D.C. this fall. Our goal is to create a radically different publication, one that uses a distinct set of formats to deliver a nuanced and comprehensive view of the most important stories of the day. We are hiring journalists excited to get in on the ground floor and help us shape our identity.
We are hiring journalists with strong reporting and writing skills who would be excited by the challenge of inventing and continually honing new formats. We want to lay out the who, what, when, etc., and explain the multiple frames through which to understand the bigger picture. We want reporters with subject-area expertise who see the forces animating their beats, how their beats intersect with others, and the political, economic, social, global, and scientific contexts in which the big stories on their beats play out. We will consider applicants with other professional backgrounds who can show us they have the area-specific expertise and writing skills to do the work.
Learn more about us here and here.
The Newsletter Producer will be responsible for managing our newsletter subscriber growth and retention. This person should be an extremely creative individual who is constantly experimenting and learning new ways to grow and expand our subscriber base. Confidential needs an Editor who never settles for steady open rates and growth and is always seeking ways to increase our numbers.
- Create custom promotions and assets for email campaigns to drive subscriber growth
- Manage A/B testing campaigns to track open-rate, click-thru rates and custom changes made to email properties
- Manage relationships between writers on staff and the newsletter production from the writing, editing and building out of newsletters
- Consistently find new experimentation opportunities for increasing newsletter open rates and growing subscribers
- Use analytics tools to create data-driven reports for stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience managing a newsletter through a custom email CMS (MailChimp, CustomContact, SailThru, Ect.) on a weekly or daily basis
- Managed the set-up and delivery of e-commerce details and sponsorships for new or preexisting emails at editorial organizations
- Demonstrated experience using a CMS either out-of-box (WordPress) or custom for building articles, crafting photo galleries and art pieces.
- Experience creating custom promotions and assets for email campaigns to drive subscribers, grow new audiences and convert to programs that can be either organic or paid in nature
- Experience with newsletter analytics and the ability to analyze reports for pass-back to editorial teams (Google Analytics, Pixel Based Analytics)
- Competitive salary
- Automatic 5% Employer Contribution to 401(k)
- Medical, Vision, and Dental with a fully covered medical plan for families
- Vacation package + 10 sick days + company holidays
- Monthly cellphone, gym, and commuter stipend
- 3 months fully paid family leave
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Access to mental health resources