420 S. Orange Ave
Orlando, Florida (United States)
ComicBook.com Writer - Freelance - Remote
Job Category: Online | New Media
Job ID: 63544
Employment Type: Freelance
Salary: per hour
Brand Overview: ComicBook.com, is an entertainment media company for a generation passionate about larger than life characters, celebrities and entertainment franchises. From movie and tv news to comics, anime, gaming, and franchises like Marvel, DC, Pokémon, Star Wars, Star Trek, Netflix and WWE, ComicBook.com speaks to a genre of fans that eat, sleep and play amidst today's pop/geek culture. Our comprehensive team of experts and newsmakers talk directly with the entertainers and the creators of the industry, as well as the community at large, providing fans an authentic, one-of-a-kind view of the entertainment landscape.
Role Details: ComicBook.com is looking for a new team member who is passionate about geek genres in all forms, with knowledge not limited to TV shows, movies, games, and pop culture. We are seeking unique perspectives for coverage of upcoming films, shows, and other projects including Shang-Chi, Black Panther 2, The Batman, Black Adam, My Hero Academia, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man: No Way Home, Eternals, and much more. An ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. In this role, you play a key part in our news desk, with general coverage assignments – providing content for our multiple social outlets and showcasing informed analysis and commentary targeting broad, diverse audiences.
● Report and provide written updates on news topics such as Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Rick and Morty, Fortnite, Power Rangers, Disney, and more.
● Write eight articles per shift
● Write or contribute to national features based on interviews performed, as assigned. ● Cover conventions and other key events throughout the year to gather interviews and provide unique content.
● Post within the comments section on site and on social media to interact with fans by providing news, analysis and insight.
● Build relationships and develop sources in the entertainment space to provide premium information and break news.
● Provide original content to help grow audience and community.
● Work with managing editorial to provide comprehensive coverage of live, national events.
A successful candidate must possess the following:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or other, related field
● Experience working in entertainment journalism/blogging
● Excellent communication and written skills
● Maintain good organizational and time management skills
● Ability to collaborate well with other reporters
● Contribute original ideas for special projects
● Quick thinking and problem-solving skills
● Self motivation as well as ability to work within a team dynamic