770 Twin Rivers Dr.
Columbus, Ohio (United States)
Are you a passionate journalist with a flair for the creative and desire to innovate on multiple platforms? WBNS might be the place for you! 10TV in Columbus, OH seeks a dynamic, engaging newsroom leader to join our team. This person is responsible for pitching, developing and planning daily reporting assignments. This role also leads daily editorial meetings, breaking news and big story coverage. The successful candidate has previous newsroom management experience in addition to producing and field reporting experience.
- Build strong relationships with entire team by working closely with producers, reporters, MSJs, anchors, assignment manager and photojournalists
- Review newscasts daily to ensure quality control and brand touchpoints
- Coach, mentor and guide team of reporters and MSJs
- Preplan, organize and executive daily editorial meetings
- Provide editorial guidance and manage logistics to execute daily newsroom content
- Work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further brand
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving results and hitting goals
- Ability to plan and execute breaking news and weather coverage
- 5-7 years newsroom management experience as an Executive Producer, Assistant News Director, News Director or Managing Editor
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications
- Field reporting experience strongly preferred