770 Twin Rivers Dr.
Columbus, Ohio (United States)
WBNS 10TV in Columbus, OH is looking for a dynamic Assignment Manager to lead our daily newsgathering efforts across all platforms. The successful candidate will have superior news judgment, a collaborative approach to newsgathering, the ability to develop sources within the community, and coach a team of assignment and digital editors.
- Ensure we are gathering the right mix of stories each day
- Lead a quick response to breaking news
- Clearly communicate needs and logistics to news team
- Lead our event and future day planning efforts
- Be knowledgeable of state and local governmental operations
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of management experience preferred or correlating years of experience in assignment roles
- Possesses knowledge and experience in journalism and storytelling. Demonstrates creativity and innovation ideally in both Digital and Broadcast mediums.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of traditional and social media platforms, their respective participants (web, app, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Experience with audience feedback tools like CrowdTangle, Chartbeat, Google Analytics, etc.
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events