Social Media Coordinator SummaryMYMCMedia.org is the epitome of today’s transformation of access TV, combining content, information and engagement into an easy to use, mobile platform. Montgomery Community Media (MCM) is the only independent, nonprofit organization providing access to public media (public access television and broadband media) directly to Montgomery County’s over one million residents as well as the resident non-profit organizations, associations and businesses. Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesMCM is looking for a Social Media Coordinator who will establish best practices for use of social media for our diverse needs including:
• Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content including website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Produce and manage social media posting on all platforms, including website, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Ads.
• Ensuring engaging messaging and adherence to best practices for each platform.
• Create, coordinate and execute a high volume of social media campaigns for MCM news coverage as well as MCM events (candidate forums, classes, small business network sessions, etc.) including posting classes, events and photos.
• Assist, guide, and teach staff to use MCM social medium platforms consistently with a single voice.
• Develop content strategies for social media and assist in the development of social media content calendars, including image sourcing and copywriting.
• Manage social media recaps, collect social media metrics, determine key performance indicators, track overall social media performance.
RequirementsExcellent verbal and written communication skills. • Proficient knowledge and experience with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Google Ads.
• Knowledge of MS Office tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Intermediate skill level in photo editing, Adobe Creative Suite, and Photoshop.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• The role also requires the ability to multitask and work with multiple teams to help successfully execute multiple time sensitive news stories and special programs. • Other duties as assigned
• Tech-friendly is a must.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism