Job ID: 63443
Job Views: 827
Location: Dover, Delaware, United States
Postal Code: 19901
Job Category: Radio
Employment Type: Full time
Delaware Public Media is looking for an afternoon anchor/reporter to join our team providing statewide coverage of the First State as we enter our second decade as Delaware’s source for NPR News.
We are looking for a motivated and creative person to be the voice of Delaware Public Media during weekday afternoons, informing and engaging the community on-air during NPR’s All Things Considered and other afternoon programs. This person will also provide consistently high-quality reporting as part of Delaware Public Media regional and national award winning news team.
- Produce and anchor afternoon drive newscasts in NPR’s All Things Considered (ATC) and other afternoon programs.
- Research, write, produce and/or edit stories for other radio day parts and weekend, as well as web.
- Serve as the on-air announcer between and within Delaware Public Media programs during the early afternoon, including reading weather, underwriting and promotional announcements.
- Conduct live and taped interviews
- Operate studio audio board during newscasts and other programming.
Job qualifications include:
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience to BA degree major in journalism, mass communications or other related field
- Minimum 2 years on-air anchor experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a professional newsroom
- Background in long form public radio reporting preferred, but not required
Please send cover letter detailing your relevant professional experience, resume and work samples to email@example.com.
Delaware Public Media is an equal opportunity employer; members of minority groups, veterans, disabled individuals and women are encouraged to apply.
This position will remain open until filled.
Powered by Journalismnext