Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Publications Director leads the editorial planning and direction for Penn Medicine's suite of monthly internal publications produced for Penn Medicine employees both in print and online. In this capacity, the Publications Director is responsible for editorial planning, writing, and editing for the flagship system-wide internal publication, System News, while also providing strategic oversight and leadership to a staff of editors producing five hospital entity publications, both within the Communications Department and across regional entity communications teams. The Publications Director plays a key role in planning and executing communications about community outreach and engagement for both the internal publications suite and Penn Medicine's community impact storytelling platform, Service in Action, and serves as a deputy to the Editorial Director in planning and editing for both Service in Action and selected stories in Penn Medicine magazine.
• Edits Penn Medicine’s flagship monthly system-wide print and electronic employee publication, System News, including generating story ideas and writing several feature-length lead stories annually, planning and editing executive communications pieces, soliciting and planning contributions from each of Penn Medicine’s hospital entities, identifying and/or developing visual assets, and coordinating with designers to produce a polished publication.
• Provides strategic direction and oversight for the integrated suite of five monthly hospital entity publications published in print and electronically, including development and maintenance of editorial calendars and planning for cross-cutting thematic coverage of strategic topics and directing the Communications Specialist in their writing/editing for entity publications.
• Coordinates dissemination of internal publications content to maximize reach and engagement via social media channels and through collaboration with the internal communications team.
• Uses consulting skills in regular communication with entity Chief Human Resources Officers to identify and vet story ideas.
• Serves as deputy to the Editorial Director on planning and editing for the organization’s community engagement storytelling platform, Service in Action, and for writing or editing original short news pieces in Penn Medicine magazine.
• Contributes regularly to the Penn Medicine News Blog and writes or edits special purpose publications as needed.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Powered by Journalismnext