At MIT Sloan Management Review (MIT SMR) we explore how leadership and management are transforming in a disruptive world. We help thoughtful leaders capture the exciting opportunities--and face down the challenges--created as technological, societal, and environmental forces reshape how organizations operate, compete, and create value.
The Editor-in-Chief (EIC) of MIT SMR, as chief content strategist, guides comprehensive content strategy for the organization across the entire content lifecycle. Specifically, the EIC leads MIT SMR’s content strategy; ensures the strategy is at the forefront of all decision making; and fosters the continual and sustainable evolution of MIT SMR’s business model. The EIC provides management and oversight of the day-to-day editorial operations required to produce the full range of MIT SMR’s content, in all media forms, formats, and platforms.
The EIC pursues MIT SMR’s vision to achieve the business goals of the organization by engaging with internal and external stakeholders to maximize the impact and reader value of all content produced. The EIC maintains a keen focus on relevancy, reach, and visibility, and ensures each are considered within the context of the strategy and mission. The EIC carefully considers the content’s purpose in serving the needs of readers, including thoughtful content integration and repurposing. Internal collaboration, to develop tactics and tools that effectively measure and assess the reach and impact of the content, is a critical success factor.
Full job description: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6bgqwg4rr10lhi/EIC%20MIT%20SMR%20Position%20Description.docx?dl=0
Required Educaton and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 10+ years publishing and editing experience in business and management fields.
· Ability to work collaboratively with sales and business development to support corporate (B2B) partner initiatives.
· Significant managerial experience, mentoring, strategic planning and operational execution.
· Broad editorial leadership traits, effective collaboration skills, and ability to build cohesive, aligned, and high performing teams.
· Demonstrated experience in journalism and established track record developing and implementing digital content strategies, with business management publications or within related disciplines.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· A major in English, journalism, business, or related discipline.
· Graduate degree or equivalent related experience a plus.
· Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and management, within ambitious but relatively small team environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to translate complex academic management ideas into articulate and digestible language for business executives and practicing managers.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact with and directly influence academic faculty and executives within the world’s top business schools, consulting firms, and corporations (especially those in senior management roles and the C-Suite).
· Excellent presentation skills and high comfort level with outward facing public speaking engagements.
· Excellent working knowledge of academic and professional management literature published by MIT SMR’s competitors and emerging digital media companies.
· Comprehensive knowledge of and experience with subscription based editorial operations and magazine production for common digital/multimedia content delivery formats.
· Thorough understanding of journalistic research studies, global survey fielding, analysis, and report writing; and the overriding importance of maintaining MIT SMR’s editorial integrity balanced with partner motives and aspirations.
· Experience in commercial business journalism and interviewing senior executives, thought leaders, and academic faculty, thereafter framing key takeaways to develop compelling story lines.
· Proven ability to moderate panel discussions, webinars, video interviews, etc.
· Demonstrated high standards in growing digital audience and website traffic, multimedia storytelling, and building community of experts.
Powered by Journalismnext