Manager, Program Scheduling
Job ID: 54748
Job Views: 91
Location: Washington, DC, District of Columbia, United States
Job Category: Television
Employment Type: Full time
The Mundo Programming Manager is the primary point of contact for Nat Geo Mundo, overseeing the day to day operations and schedule for the network. The Manager is responsible for the creation of the daily schedule and entering it into the programming database on a quarterly basis, and as changes and updates occur. Additional responsibilities include determining the availability of Spanish language versions, contributing to the long term strategy, maintaining an active inventory list, providing feedback to production on potential content sensitivities for the US Hispanic audience, evaluating acquisitions, informing the on air marketing strategy, overseeing the titling of shows in Spanish, working with ad sales and affiliate and communicating the schedule with listings providers. Bi-lingual with fluency in Spanish required.Responsibilities
- The primary point of contact for Nat Geo Mundo, overseeing the day to day operations and schedule for the network. Responsible for the development and communication of the full day schedule for Mundo and contributing to the long term strategy.
- Total ownership of Mundo schedule entry into database on a quarterly basis and as changes or updates occur. Additionally, full ownership of Programming Department strategic documentation, e.g. primetime schedules, rollout, inventory.
- Work with Operations, Traffic and Production Services to ensure the timely delivery of all Mundo shows.
- Manage listings and descriptions process; Review all press materials for the network.
- Work with marketing department to determine on air priorities, respond to queries regarding airdates, premiere status etc.
- Work with adsales to propose sponsorship opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Television experience in US Hispanic market recommended.
- Bi-lingual with fluency in Spanish required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Problem solving and multitasking a must; Understanding of Nielsen ratings recommended.
- Accomplished computer skills, especially with Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with database entry and report running.
Please apply on our career page-https://www.foxcareers.com/Search/JobDetail/FNG0007599?organization=National+Geographic+PartnersDivision Description
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between National Geographic and 21st Century Fox, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 129 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers … and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education. For more information visit natgeotv.com or nationalgeographic.com, or find us on Facebook
, Google+, YouTube
. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by Journalismnext