Job ID: 53489
Job Views: 542
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Postal Code: 40202
Job Category: Newspapers
Employment Type: Full time
The Courier-Journal of Louisville, Kentucky, and part of the USA TODAY Network is seeking a videographer to join our visuals team as we aim to own video on all platforms – mobile, social, native app and desktop – in a highly competitive media market.
Among the responsibilities:
- In this role, the video producer will work with editors, reporters and producers to generate highly sociable, quick-turnaround videos to stand on their own on social platforms and accompany stories on desktop, mobile and native app platforms utilizing Wochit, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and other video editing platforms as warranted.
- The video producer will help the Courier-Journal build a library of evergreen videos on recurring topics of coverage. Examples of Louisville-centric topics include Jennifer Lawrence, Papa John’s, KFC, Humana and the University of Louisville, as well as college basketball (Louisville Cardinals, Kentucky Wildcats).
- The video producer will take charge of production of livestream events, whether in the office or on location.
- The video producer is a leader in emerging video technology, such as 360 video and VR formats.
- The video producer will assist in shooting and editing high-end, documentary-style video productions as needed.
- The video producer will assist in creating and sharing videos for branded social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Job requirements include the ability to edit video proficiently on either Final Cut or Adobe Premiere and the ability to react quickly in a breaking news environment. Additional history utilizing quick-turnaround tools such as Wochit or Adobe Spark is a bonus, along with experience using live video tools such as Livestream, Ustream or YouTube.
Send cover letter, resume and work samples to Terry Lipshetz, Digital News Director, The Courier-Journal - firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by Journalismnext