Job ID: 53128
Job Views: 170
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Postal Code: 20005
Job Category: Other
Employment Type: Full time
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communication, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. The Foundation serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
Kaiser Health News (KHN) is an editorially independent program of the Kaiser Family Foundation. With staff and freelance reporters, columnists, editors, photographers, web producers and videographers, KHN is committed to in-depth reporting on health policy news. KHN provides this coverage on khn.org
as well as in partnership with other news organizations, including NPR, The Washington Post, USA Today, CNN, and a host of other media outlets. All material is provided free of charge.
In addition to publishing in-depth articles on new developments in the health care system and on national and local health care initiatives and debates, KHN also produces daily briefings. For more than a decade, these reports have provided readers with daily updates on how the media are covering U.S. health care policy. Position Summary:
This full-time term position is based in the Foundation’s Washington, DC office, which is located downtown near Metro Center. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes an excellent benefits package.
The Web Producer will perform website and newsletter duties, work on stories with KHN reporters and editors and will assist in maintaining a database of news organizations interested in using KHN content. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
How to Apply:
- Update the Kaiser Health News website and associated digital products with new content;
- Select and produce artwork to illustrate KHN stories;
- Create charts and graphics to enhance articles;
- Write headlines, story summaries and newsletter copy;
- Copy edit newsletters and posts;
- Promote KHN content via social media accounts;
- Create and send newsletters; and
- Manage outreach and track pickups with syndication partners.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org preferred labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title”. Please include “Web Producer, KHN” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Proficiency with HTML;
- Experience cropping and editing images in Adobe Photoshop;
- Experience with content management systems at a news website or blog;
- Knowledge of techniques for using social media platforms for content distribution;
- Strong writing skills and news judgment with ability to exercise both on deadline;
- Organized self-starter who can own projects and juggle tasks and demonstrate good attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented newsroom environment; and
- Flexibility to work alternate hours as news events or staffing requires.
- Experience with WordPress;
- Experience with information graphics and data visualizations;
- Familiarity with AP style;
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets; and
- Experience with web traffic analytics.
Powered by Journalismnext